To achieve the best job possible
When it comes time to sand your wood floors, A & R Wood Floors will take advantage of multiple pieces of sanding equipment
- The majority of the floor is first sanded with a 220 volt drum or belt sander
- Perimeters and smaller areas are then sanded with an edger that is designed to sand right up to the existing trim
- Hard to reach areas under the cabinet toe kicks and radiant heaters are sanded with an edger that has an extended reach designed specifically for these areas
- Areas that can’t be done with machines, corners and other tight areas, are done by hand, with scrapers and hand sanding
- Final sanding process is done with a buffer style disc sander using a carbide screen
Various types and grits of sand papers are used to achieve the smoothest finish possible.
Our Newest Feature The Bona Atomic Dust Containment System
Our Newest Feature For Happier, Healthier Customers
Bona’s Portable DCS is one of the most advanced dust containment systems available. By combining a Bona exclusive two step cyclonic intake system with a hospital-grade HEPA filter, the Portable DCS delivers the dust containment results that our customers demand.
The Bona Portable DCS is GREENGUARD certified for indoor air quality and is part of the Bona Environmental Choice System.
Featuring the Bona Dust Containment System keeps over 95% of the dust out of your home.
The standard A & R finish consists of one coat stain and two coats of an oil based polyurethane. Newer latex (water base) finishes are also available upon request.
Although these finishes are dry to the touch within 24 hours it takes a full 7 days to be considered fully cured.
A & R Wood Floors recommends to wait 48 hours before moving furniture back and a full seven days before placing rugs on your new floor. You may choose to move it in sooner, but the surface is still quite soft and susceptible to marring.
Give it time—you’ll be happy that you did.